Wednesday, August 21, 2013

SENIOR SAMPLER FOR MAY 4, 2006

          What’s on the horizon for the funeral industry?  I would like to make few predictions... 

          First, Advanced Funeral Planning will take a giant step forward.  The public is fast realizing that in order to be able to afford a meaningful funeral service, with quality merchandise, cemetery property and monument, the time to prepare is now.  In the past, with advance planning, funeral directors have guaranteed all services and merchandise, with  no additional costs in the future.  That may soon become a thing of the past.  A family in the future will buy a whole life policy for $25,000 to $50,000, and the funeral will be paid from the proceeds of the policy: Higher premiums ~larger benefits.  The policy will be large enough to cover any and all the funeral costs.

          Soon the Baby Boomers, of which I am one, will be making arrangements for themselves.  We want convenience, value, and quality, and we are willing to pay the price.  We desire a meaningful farewell.

          A second prediction is that in the near future, additional options will become available, such as above ground burials, in beautiful garden mausoleums.  In addition, there will be columbariums which will provide for the permanent disposition of cremated remains.  A glass niche will display the urn, and other memorabilia of our loved ones.

          My last prediction is that funeral services will continue in the future as it has in the past - to serve families with options that suit their needs and desires, and with understanding and genuine compassion.

          I am sure that the family owned, long standing established funeral director will always be revered.  I sure hope so.  I have spent my life serving families in their hour of separation.   Some circumstances have been tragic, others held moments of great tenderness. Whatever the case, I know the pain of separation is real.  It was for me, and that memory serves me well as I care for you and your family.  
 
          Always mindful of the tender feelings that accompany this noble profession,

 Sincerely,

Ted Spilsbury

No comments:

Post a Comment